Tuesday, April 9, 2013

No news is good news haha......

Hello everyone. I apologize for being a bad blogger lately. I can say though that no news about Kimberly's Journey is good news :). I am doing well. Praise God!! 

I have just had my lift and implant done on my left side. Pretty exciting! I have two perky boobs now. I cannot believe how simple and pain free this surgery was. I took pain pills for one night and that was it. I am still restricted for a week with lifting over 10lbs with my left arm, but I am doing so well. My right side with the expander is now big and perky. Both sides are like a size C so I feel they look pretty normal. In a few more months I will have the expander removed and the implant put in. My tissue will continue to expand allowing for a normal look once the implant is placed. Its not as pretty looking as the new left side, but it will be eventually.

I am a little bummed because I am do right now for an MRI and I can't have one until my expander is removed. I'm suppose to have a mammogram then six months later and MRI and so on. So I will have my MRI as soon as my expander is removed.

I did just see Dr. Kaplan for my 3 month check up and all my blood work looked good :) I always get a little nervous before I see him because you always fear this dang cancer is going to come back. I'm told that fear gets less and less the more time that goes by.

So I will continue to see Dr Kaplan every 3 months for years. I also will see Dr. Buchanan every six months for years. I see her after I have a mammogram or a MRI.

Dan and I are doing good! Our life is pretty much back to normal other than the more frequent doctor visits. Which I am fine with. I like to see the doctors and the hear that all is good.

Thank you to all of my precious friends and family that have followed this journey. I will keep you up to date when things are going on. It will just be fewer and farther between. Which is good huh!?

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear things are going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news! So happy for you. We will see you soon. Hugs,206'ers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Gwen and Carla for your thoughts and hugs :)

    ReplyDelete