Sunday, September 29, 2013

Hi All!!!  Just thought it was about time to update all of my super fantastic friends and family.  First off...I am doing really good! Since my last post I have been all rebuilt. My expander was removed on June 18th and my final implant was placed. It was so nice to be back to normal this summer with two boobies in my swim suit. haha
Now I continue to see Dr. Kaplan every 3 months for blood work. Just saw him this last friday. I go in a few days ahead and give my blood then when I go see doctor he looks over the numbers and tells me everything looks great. Its always a bit of a stressful week because you always just wonder...is everything still okay.  So far so good! And its going to stay that way. My numbers have been super good. Which means there is no cancer in my blood. Yippee!!

I actually go in to see Dr Isik this Tuesday to get my nipple tattooed :) sounds funny. I also am a little uneven so he is going to even me up. Should be a very simple procedure. Then.....I am totally done with all surgeries :) I am really sick and tired of surgery and dr appointments. Ugh!
I will continue to have mammograms and or an MRI every six months.  I am behind on my MRI because I have to wait 4 months or more after my last surgery before I can have an MRI. I  have an appointment October 15th for an MRI. I will feel really good once I have this and all is clear. I will see Dr. buchanan the day after to go over the results. I am expecting all to be good :)

Last weekend I did the 3-Day breast cancer walk. It was really fun and exhausting. Jody Nelson and Kristen Nelson did it with me. "Kimberly's Breast Friends" rocked the walk big time. Thank you Jody and Kristen for all the fundraising you did and for walking with me. What a great time we had. Its pretty brutal by the end of each day, so its great to be with people you love.  At times everything on your body is aching. We all were so positive and rooted each other on whenever it was needed. It's just a cool time :)  Also thank all of you that donated money to us to allow us to do the walk. Lets put an end to this nasty cancer.








2 comments:

  1. Best weekend ever!!! Can't wait to do it again my beautiful and amazing friend! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so cool!! I have some others that want to join our team next year:)

      Delete