Tuesday, July 31, 2012

One week out of treatment....

It's been one week now since I've been done with cancer treatment.  It's so nice :) I plan on working my normal schedule this whole week.  I have been working, but I've left early if my patient load was down.  My skin has been really sore.  The radiation area truely looks like my skin caught on fire.  It  is dark and red and burnt.  I do think it is starting to heal now though.  The dark layer is literally peeling away.  It's kind of gross.  The skin underneath is so soft and like new skin.  I can't wait till the whole area looks like that.

I see Dr. Kaplan again on August 7 to start my tamoxifen.  I kind of want to get started with that.  I guess I feel like if I'm taking something it will help with this cancer not coming back.  Which that is exactly what the tamoxifen is doing.  I will see my radiation oncologist towards the end of August.  I need to schedule with Barry to get going on the clinical study real soon too.


1 comment:

  1. Hey its Angie from saturdays walk! Can't find u on silly fb! Search my email on there k? angelajames1102@hotmail.com here's my cell too 4257505425 :)

    ReplyDelete